We apply the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
GDPR works in two main ways. It gives individuals rights over how their personal information is used and sets out rules for organisations that process personal information.
Our Cookies policy describes what cookies we use on our website and their purpose.
We collect and use personal information only with the approval of the said persons to offer people information and services. This policy will apply to all forms of information and to all systems used to collect, store, process or transfer information.
iCon is committed to:
- performing privacy impact assessments to protect the privacy and rights of its customers and employees
- protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information it collects, stores, transfers and processes in accordance with EU law and international good practice, and to meeting its legal requirements and contractual obligations
- explaining why it needs personal information, only asking for the personal information it needs and only sharing personal information within iCon and with other organisations as necessary or where the person concerned has given their consent
- allowing people to request access to the personal information it holds on them
- not keeping personal information for longer than necessary
- ensuring that actual or suspected breaches of information security are reported and investigated
- assessing and measuring the maturity of its information security controls annually
We will provide adequate and appropriate resources to implement this policy and will ensure it is communicated and understood.
Retention and Marketing
iCon retains personal information as provided to it in order to serve its customers. We’ll use the personal information that you provide us with to send you direct marketing and to better identify services that interest you. We do that if you’re one of our customers or if you’ve been in touch with us another way (such as registering to attend an iCon event or entering a competition). We use the information provided for marketing and to identify the services you’re interested in. Your contact details. This includes your name, address (if available), previous studies (if available) phone number and email address. We’ll send you information (about the services we provide) by phone, post, email, text message, online banner advertising. We also use the information we have about you to personalise these messages wherever we can as we believe it is important to make them relevant to you. We do this because we have a legitimate business interest in keeping you up to date with our services. We also check that you are happy for us to send you marketing messages before we do so. In each message we send, you also have the option to opt out.You can ask us to stop sending you marketing information or withdraw your permission at any time. We take all steps to ensure that any information we have is kept secured.
Taking under consideration any legal limitation you have the right ask for a copy of the personal information held about you. This means that you can ask for the information that iCon holds about you. This is known as the right of ‘subject access’. When making a request you will need to give us:
- a request in writing (by post or by email) We may need to ask you to provide: • proof of your identity • proof of your home address • any information that we reasonably need to locate the information you have requested (for example details of staff that you have had contact with and when) We will not start looking for your information until we receive all of the above. In order to submit your request, or for help making a request, please contact us at email@example.com citing your request. Although you should submit a request in writing, if you would like to speak to someone in person, you can contact us at +30 2109248524. You have the right to: • Ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete data. If you think we are acting unfairly or unlawfully you can: • Object to the way we are using your data; • Complain to the respective authority. Under certain conditions you also have the right to ask us to: • Restrict the use of your data • Erase your information or tell us to stop using it; • Comply with your wishes where you have previously agreed to us processing your data for a particular purpose and have withdrawn your consent to further processing; • Provide you with a portable electronic copy of data you’ve given us.
iCon will continue reviewing this policy statement to reflect new legal and regulatory developments and ensure good practice.