Preparing yourself for an interview
• Read your CV carefully and think on how you will deal with any areas that seem problematic For example why you are considering leaving your current job or why you have already left your last job
• Study the job description and try to understand exactly what your prospective employers are looking for, so that you match your own
• If you have referees contact them letting them know that you are going through an interview process and that they may receive a call
• Do an extensive research on the company. Visit their website, their social media pages, study the information they provide on their activities, strategic vision, company culture, careers, so that you are prepared
• Read about the company in news/financial websites. Learn about their market positioning and their competitors. Find out their distinct characteristics.
• Think and write down questions to ask the interviewer/s. If you know their name/s try to do some research so that you are aware of their backgrounds. Who knows? You may have gone through the same school or share some other interests or common background
• Choose the clothes you will be wearing the night before, sleep well, avoid drinking alcohol
• Plan your journey at least one day before, so that you may arrive 10-15 minutes earlier
In a few words, BE WELL PREPARED AND SHOW YOU ARE REALLY KEEN TO GET THE JOB!!!!