The University was established initially in 1921 as Leicestershire and Rutland University College, and was granted its Royal Charter in 1957. The University of Leicester aims to push boundaries and discover ways to improve and change the world for the better. Its world changing research encourages high-quality teaching – this will inspire you to go further.
At Leicester you’ll be working alongside leading academics at the cutting edge of their disciplines. You’ll become immersed in a stimulating and innovative learning environment, which will enable you to realise your potential and to compete alongside the very best.
- The University of Leicester is consistently ranked in the top 25 of all UK national league tables (21st in the Guardian University Guide, 13th in the Complete University Guide).
- Leicester was named runner-up University of the Year in the Times/Sunday Times University Guide 2014.
- The University is also ranked in the top 2% of universities in the world by the QS World University Rankings and the THE World University Rankings. In 2013 Leicester was the highest climbing UK university in the THE World Rankings, moving up 35 places to 161st in the table.
- The University has won Times Higher Awards in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and most recently in 2013 for Outstanding Communications Team and Outstanding Fundraising Initiative. It is the only university to win awards in seven consecutive years.
- Leicester has one of the highest proportions of staff who are research active in the UK, with approximately 93% of staff submitted for the national 2008 Research Assessment Exercise. Of these, Leicester has 87% of research activity deemed by the RAE to be producing internationally significant research. Leicester is also ranked in the top 20 universities in the UK for research citations per academic.
International Consulting is the University's agent for Greece. You can find more information about the University and its programmes here www.iconsulting.gr